This open faced vegetarian sando is the perfect one-handed snack for your next phonebanking event. It comes together in a snap and we've found that grating the garlic on the toast is a lovely way for sensitive snowflakes to channel frustration after a hang up or a slew of straight-to-voicemails.
- Crusty bread of your choice - we like slices of baguette, ciabatta, sourdough
- Peeled Garlic Cloves
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Lemon zest
1) Toast bread slices to your preferred level of crunch.
2) Rub the hot toast (careful not to burn yourself!) with a clove of peeled garlic. A few swipes are all you need, but feel free to go crazy if you like keeping vampires away.
3) Spoon ricotta atop garlic toast. Life's short and Obamacare prevails, so add as much as you responsibly want.
4) Top with lemon zest, then drizzle with honey, followed by olive oil.
5) Sprinkle with a dusting of salt.
6) Take a bite while you connect the voter on the line to her state senator.